Contents: [Services at a Glance] [The Editing Process] [Submission Guidelines]
The LSUHSC-S Medical Library’s writing consultants are on hand to assist LSUHSC-S faculty, staff, and students with editing and proofreading writing projects.
Services at a Glance:
This service is offered free of charge to LSUHSC-S faculty, staff, and students.
The consultants will:
- Edit documents for grammar, punctuation, syntax, and usage.
- Assist writers to develop and prepare documents for submission and/or publication.
- Review different types of documents, including (but not limited to):
- Research articles
- Poster text
- Grant proposals
- Personal Statements
The Editing Process:
- A consultant will review the document to make sure it follows prescribed guidelines or standards.
- Two consultants will review the document, and will leave comments or note suggested changes.
- The author of the document will be contacted regarding final recommendations.
- The turnaround time for editing services is approximately two business days.
- Please note that we are not subject experts and do not edit for content.
- Send your document as an email attachment to John Cyrus and Talicia Tarver (ShvLibWriting@lsuhsc.edu).
- Be sure to link to or attach the submission guidelines for your document.
- Describe in your email any specific details the consultants should know.
- Call to make an appointment with either consultant: John Cyrus (5-4712) or Talicia Tarver (5-5393)
- Consultants can meet with you to discuss your editing needs. Once your expectations have been clarified, the consultants will edit the print copy accordingly.
- A consultant will call or email you to inform you when your document is ready.
- Further edits can be discussed in a second meeting.